Wescom eBranch Credit union is a credit union which was founded in the year 1934 and serves Southern California. It’s a cooperative financial institution that offers a variety of services to its members including saving accounts, money market accounts, checking accounts, mortgages, loans, and insurance. Currently, it has 28 branches, and nearly 300,000 members who benefit from its services and its headquarters are based in Pasadena, California in the United States.
To keep up with technology and allow easy access to their services by their members, Wescom Credit union rolled out a Wescom eBranch. This is simply a free online banking service that gives members a 24-hour access to their Wescom accounts. Wescom eBranch is free to all the members and allows them to view their account balances, pay bills with BillPayer, transfer funds, and get their account history. They can also be able to open new accounts, view their canceled checks, and transfer money from other financial institutions. Using Wescom eBranch is absolutely free to all Wescom Members as long as they have access to the internet. They can use anytime and virtually in any location in the world.
Recently, Wescom Credit Union went further to roll out their new eBranch application with a new look. The new eBranch has utilized the latest technological advancements to improve the accessibility and usability the site. The new eBranch will not affect member’s account information and will be able to be used laptops, desktops, and mobile devices. Members whose computers have the old Internet Explorer will be required to update the software to version 9 or higher.
The security of members’ information is something that the Wescom Credit Union takes very seriously. They have properly secured their computers’ servers and network to ensure that no members’ information leaks to a third party. Below are some of the measures that they have taken to ensure maximum security.
- 1. They ensure that every member uses a strong password that can’t be guessed by anyone. They also block accounts that have received a series of unsuccessful logins.
- 2. When a member contacts them using an email, they make sure that they have removed any sensitive information in the email before replying. To make this easier, they have included a Contact US button on the site.
- 3. They only accept internet browsers that support 128-bit encryption which is the strongest available protection. They encourage their members to use the latest version of their browser. Also, members can know when the site is secure by the presence of a padlock on their browsers status bar.
- 4. They terminate an online session when there is no activity for over 20 minutes.
- 5. They have protected their network from outside access by use of load-balanced firewalls. This will prevent any unauthorized access to the site.
- 6. They record logs of every online activity which allow them to investigate when there is a problem. Also, these logs are frequently monitored to detect any unusual activity.
These are some of the security features on Wescom site. If you are a member and haven’t tried the new Wescom , this is the time to experience the new look.