The internet is without a doubt the future of education and WCCCD Blackboard is living proof of this fact. This ingenious system is designed to make offsite study easy, convenient and efficient for both teachers and scholars.
Below is a little more information about this system in terms of what it is and what it offers the users. By the time we are done there should be no doubt about the revolutionary nature of this service.
What exactly is the WCCCD Blackboard?
The Wayne County Community College District (WCCCD) has been around since 1967. Despite being one of the oldest colleges in the area, it has managed to keep up with the times.
The WCCCD Blackboard system is testament to this fact providing students and lecturers with a convenient online sharing platform. It is basically a course management system that is meant to facilitate education off campus. This applies to both long distance learners and on-campus students.
By simply logging in, students can access anything from coursework schedules and PowerPoint presentations to grades and other important announcements.
Benefits Of The WCCCD Blackboard System
Having understood what the Blackboard system is, it is important to understand what benefits it offers users. Below are a few things to look forward to:
Benefits to students both on-campus and long distance
- It allows easy access to schedules and course timetables.
- It allows easy access to learning materials including handouts and lecture notes.
- It facilitates handing in of assignments in a timely and convenient manner.
- It saves long distance students the hassle of having to travel to access grades and final results.
- It is very easy to access. All you need is an active account, a reliable browser and a steady internet connection.
Benefits to the teachers and school administration
- It allows teachers to access assignments handed in remotely.
- It allows teachers to facilitate online classes including discussions either audio-visually or through online chats. That way, it is just like a classroom experience outside the classroom.
- It allows the school administration to monitor and manage grading and general student academic performance.
How Get The Most Out Of The Setup
It goes without saying that there is a lot to be gained from using this system. Students in particular have a lot to look forward to. The best part is that there is so much that you can do in order to ensure that you maximize on this great opportunity.
Below are 4 key tips that should help you do this.
1. Register early
It takes up to 4 days for users to access information on the site after opening an account. In order to avoid any last minute hassle, it is important to ensure that you register as early as possible.
2. Use one of the main recommended browsers
The system works best on the Firefox browser. Others include Chrome and Safari which through slower are still efficient.
3. Get sufficiently acquainted with the system
As a beginner, it is easy to get lost in this complex system. It is therefore a great idea to take some time after registering to find your way around the system. The orientation option after registration is a great way to do this.
4. Always log out
Finally, always ensure that you log out. This ensures that everything including your assignments, grades and learning materials are kept secure.
It goes without saying that the WCCCD Blackboard program is revolutionary as far as education is concerned. With its many benefits, there is no denying the fact that this system and others like it will be around for a very long time.